Out of the many things that teenagers as well as adults succumb to, an important one is drugs. Once a drug has been taken it is difficult to be without it due to its overwhelming effect on the body and mind. You start craving for it and in no time at all, taking a drug become an addictive habit, something that you can’t be without. In course of time the drug overtakes your life and all that you can think about is having it all the time.
Negative Impact of Drugs and Why You Should Say No Right Away
Why is it important to say no to drugs? The primary reason is that they are dangerous substances that can alter your mental, emotional and physical state. After doing drugs you are no longer the person that you originally were. Your habit, moods and physique changes according to the way the drug has influenced you. Here is a look at the top reason for not doing drugs:
- One of the key things that you have to note about drugs is that they can be so addictive. Imagine a situation of a person having taken to drugs for the past three months. During this period the body undergoes enormous systems and biological changes, especially the chemistry in the brain. Slowly so many of the body mechanisms such as hormones, neurotransmitters get influenced by it and do not function normally which negatively affects health and also state of mind.
- Drugs make you hugely emotionally dependent on them which is very sad as you should be relying on friends and family for counseling or assistance. Whenever you face any pressure the effect of taking drugs is such that you will want to take it for helping to cope with the situation. As you rely more on it to keep you calm, it become impossible to be without it. Hence even for a small activity or action, it is needed to manage the situation.
- You have to spend a lot of money to get the drugs that give that ecstatic feeling. All your money goes into it and with the kind of effect that it has, you can be sure that the job which you have now is not going to be around for long. Without any income, people who are so dependent on drugs start stealing from family and friends and later get into criminal activities to keep their habit going, which causes a lot of dangerous situations.
- Drugs directly ruin your various body systems due to their toxins. When they are taken for a period of time like three to six months or perhaps a year, what happens is that the body immunity system becomes weak. You fall sick often, take to medication for such problems and become further weak. Internal organs and glands do not function like they normally do and they fail when they should be functioning normally.
- Taking drugs also causes problem in personal relationships. No longer will you be able to socialize or mix with people like before as the only thought in the mind is how to get the next drug intake so that you can enjoy its sensations. There will be no time for loved ones, who will find your behavior erratic and troublesome. In course of time, your actions can harm you as well as them physically as you might do something violent because you want to take the drug suddenly.
- In a situation where you happen to take an overdose of drugs the result is that you land up in the hospital or worse. When hospitalized the drug problem is going to come out and you will be questioned about it. The treatment that has to be undergone will be painful and traumatizing. Furthermore, you will experience withdrawal symptoms which can be very difficult to deal with.
- One of the main concerns with drugs is that it will so overtake your life that the potential that is resent to do certain activities will be lost. For example, you might be having been a strong manager at the work place but due to drug habit, this ability to manage and lead is disrupted. You lose out on achieving work goals and objective and find yourself at the receiving end of criticism, which makes life worse.
- The only way to come out of drug addiction is to teach yourself how to refuse drugs not matter how attractive they seem. It is vital to develop a mindset to resist it so that you can carry on with life normally. Just think of how free and happy you can be without the effects of drugs and how loser your relationships are when it is absent. Check out a drug rehabilitation center right away and ask for help so that required assistance is given to come out of this difficult problem.